There are various reasons that make Bhopal one of the perfect places to visit. Being the capital of Madhya Pradesh, it is one of the most well connected cities of this state. Hence when many tourists decide to take a tour of Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal is the point to start off from.
If you search online, you will find a number of hotels in bhopal with rates and make your bookings with ease. The best option would be to make Bhopal your base and you can take a weekend trip to any one of the nearby places. Let’s take a look at some of the places that you can visit that are located near Bhopal:
- Pachmarhi: One of the topmost desired places in Madhya Pradesh, that you can visit from Bhopal is Pachmarhi. This is the only hill station of this state, which makes it all the more desirable. It is located at a height of 1067 feet and the best part about this place is that you can visit any time of the year because the weather here remains pleasant. Monuments and caves are the central attraction of this hill station. You can travel to Pachmarhi by hiring a local taxi or cab with the help of your hotel.
- Khajuraho: If you want to witness the sensuous and erotic carvings of the temple, that India is so famous for, then you should head out to Khajuraho. It is situated with the Bundelkhand region of the state and it boasts of architecture that date back to the Medieval period. Mainly known for its temple, Khajuraho also offers you the opportunity to try out some delicious local food of Madhya Pradesh. When it comes to accommodation you will not have any problems since there are a number of places to stay here. You can either take a train or book a car to travel to Khajuraho from Bhopal.
- Bhedaghat:Located nearer to Jabalpur, Bhedaghat is one of most fascinating wonders of this state. You can easily book a cab from one of the hotels in bhopal railway station and then head out to this place to witness the beautiful marble rocks that are found here on either sides of the Narmada. These rocks are about 100ft tall and it is best experienced during a boat ride at full moon. You can also visit the Dhuandhar Falls during your stay.
- Orchha: If you want to experience the feel of a perfectly medieval place, then Orchha with its beautiful temples and Indian monuments is the perfect place to visit. You can easily plan out a two days’ itinerary for your stay here. Being located on the banks of the Betwa River, this place has a charm of its own.
- Pench National Park: If you love wild life and are drawn to the flora and fauna of a particular place then you can book a cab and head out to the Pench National Park. This is a rather peaceful as well as exciting way to spend a weekend, at a place near Bhopal.
So, these are some of the places that you can visit when it comes to enjoying a weekend trip near Bhopal.